If you’re looking for the perfect cookie with a crispy edge and a gooey inside, look no further. These cookies take under 30 minutes to make and I promise they will be a hit. I had to stop myself from eating the entire batch in one go- which was very difficult.
Makes approximately two dozen cookies that are 2 inches in diameter.
1 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup room temperature butter
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
It is better to undercook than overcook a cookie. You can always put them back in the oven for another minute if they seem undercooked.
-Separate the egg yolks using either your hands or use the shell to separate the eggs from the yolks. Trust me, this makes a huge difference with the end result.
-Make sure you separate the wet and dry ingredients. Put the wet ingredients in the bigger bowl because you will be mixing in the dry ingredients.
-If you can’t eat the entire batch, I like to put the rest of the cookie dough in the freezer. The dough should be good frozen for 2-3 weeks after.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie tray and lightly grease with vegetable oil, butter or pam spray.
- In one bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter. You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer. A whisk works, just make sure the butter is room temperature so it’s easier to combine the ingredients.
- Add the egg and two egg yolks one by one to the wet ingredients. Then add the vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined. The consistency should be thicker and doughy.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. And mix well.
- Roll the cookie dough into two inch balls and evenly place onto the cookie trays.
- Bake in the oven for 8-11 minutes, depending on how hot your oven is. Once they’re done baking, let the cookies cool for 5 minutes…. Orrrr eat them right away! I know I do.