This is one of the easiest dinners you can make in under 30 minutes. If you enjoy the fresh flavours of lemon zest combined with rich buttery flavours, this dish is for you. This recipe can serve 4 people.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups bone broth (preferably beef)
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon salt to season
- ½ tablespoon pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder to season
- 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 large onion, diced.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups spinach
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- Heat a dutch oven or an oven-friendly pot over medium heat. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. While the pot is heating, season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the chicken thighs in the dutch oven and cook for 3-5 mins per side, depending on the size.
- Set aside the chicken and add the diced onion and minced garlic. Stir until translucent.
- Add the orzo and stir for 1- 2 mins. Pour in beef stock.
- Add the chicken thighs and transfer the pot to the oven. Bake for 25-30 mins at 375 or until the orzo has fully absorbed the broth.
- Take the pot out and add the spinach, butter and dill. Serve immediately and enjoy.